FG XR6-XR6T Conversion

• Member For: 3y 1m 16d

Hey Guys,

I have a 2009 XR6 FG Ute NA 5 speed auto , I was considering a turbo conversion kit for it and wondering on what to get. I'm looking into buying a already turbo XR6 but I'm thinking about doing a full rebuild anyways. was asking what would go into building a 500hp turbo from an N/A, is this possible? its going to be hard work but I'm willing to give it a go. any thoughts are welcome

Cheers

also asking for brand names etc and what turbos Tuning Places Brisbane area etc 

diffs and tail shafts etc

Cheers

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 22d

I think, after seeing many people in your shoes, the easiest thing to do is sell it and buy a turbo car. 

By this thread though, it seems you do not want to go this route. Then, the next easiest thing ( I believe) to do is buy a wrecked turbo and swap the engine, motor, tailshaft, diff cradle over to your current car. 

Obviously, you could just slap a turbo on your current setup and buy kits that do this... But its probably not going to be the most reliable.

Just my 2 cents on the matter :) 

• Member For: 3y 1m 16d

@biddie_fiddler haha yeah I was thinking about buying an xr6t but I'm sort of got my mindset on doing it myself but I don't know what model to go for with if I buy a new one. I was thinking FG Mk1 or FGX but idk whether Ute or sedan, ahaha idk I'm putting feelers out there. just to compare prices really cause you can pick up a good turbo for less than 25k nowadays.