FG MkII Suspension Upgrades

PookeyMaster

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

Looking for some opinions/advice.

Bushes

The bushes on my Front UCA are gone and need to be replaced, the bushes in the Diff are on their way out and don't have much life left. I'm leaning towards replacing the whole lot (front and rear) with SuperPro rather than piecemeal over time and just cop a single labour charge since unbolting the bits from under the chassis is the expensive part.

Sway Bar

From what I've read I can add a front sway-bar if desired in the future without too much trouble so I'll leave that one for now.

Diff (LSD)

Dropping the cradle to change the diff is labour-intensive and everywhere I've read has said to change the diff bushes at the same time as the additional labour is minimal at that point. If I go down the path of changing out all of the bushes then I'm leaning towards upgrading the diff at that point.

Shocks/Springs/Coilovers

This is the more difficult one...change nothing, change just the shocks, change the shocks and the springs, or go the whole 9-yards and grab coilovers...any suggestions?

Edited by PookeyMaster

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Coilovers (shockworks) were the best upgarde I've done to my car - made a world of difference.

No need for sway bar with a decent set of them either.

I'd put the diff and swaybar money towards that and do bushes at the same time.