Billet Compressor Wheel Upgrade?

SydCrazi

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Yeah iirc I could get full boost by 2800 to 3000rpm.

I did run it on 98 and managed a best of 413awkw but I turned it back down to 390ish as it was safer there. It was running 23psi also.

• Member For: 5y 4m 15d

@PuffwagonFull boost at 3000rpm on gen 2 supercore?? That's awesome! My gt3582r gets 10 psi at 2500rpm and 14psi over 3000rpm sometime, it's hard to tell exactly on the road cos a bit dangerous watching revs and boost guage at same time when boosting. But definitely 10 psi at 2500. Might be the way tuner has set up boost control in ecu?? 10-14 psi takes a while.

Giddy @Rob70

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I tuned another Territory recently with a pulsar 3548rs which comes on later than the gen 2 gtx3582r.

It made 19psi at 2700rpm.

The logs for my car are on another laptop so I didn't check them. I can check later to verify exactly when the gen 2 gtx3582r came on.

• Member For: 5y 4m 15d

@Rob70haha don't try it on wet road like I did with tc turned off, very very bad idea unless you want to fishtail all over the road and almost lose it into the drain on other side of the road. 2nd Scariest moment of my life in a car.

@Puffwagonthanks that would be awesome, was it all with stock ecu and boost control?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ok it appears that when it made 19psi at 2700rpm I was actually testing out the rolling antilag. Oops my bad! Doing a run in 4th gear, it made 16psi by 3000rpm and 19psi not long after. I have a lot of logs and you can't really compare them as the intake air temp changes constantly and as such so does the spool time. Also different cars have different setups sand that affects how quick a turbo comes on.

I had a look for the old gen 2 gtx3582r logs and the best I could find was it making full boost at about 3000rpm. Haha after an hour I kinda got sick of looking through it all!

Anecdotally both of these turbos come alive a bit after 3000rpm and the car is hauling arse by 3500rpm.