Ba ford quick connect fuel line

• Member For: 11y 8m 6d

Hi. On a ba xr6t. The rubber fuel line from the regunalto and main line to 2 steel hard lines at firewall. There 5/16 size however is it possible for me to replace the quick connect fittings with a replacement fitting? I need to replace the rubber hoses asap bit at same time want to do it all and replace the fittings aswell.

If so anyone have a link? 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

The stock line is fairly "quick connect" as it is... what are you trying to achieve by replacing the fitting? of course fittings can be replaced and put onto both ends, but I don't know why you'd go through such an effort? :idunno:

Thanks guys. Ok I'll most likely reuse them just though while I'm replacing the hose as it's extreamly perished looking...that I'll do the connectors aswell as they have a oring in themmmjust though maybe they perish aswell over time and leak?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I can't say with 100% certainty they will fit but I'm thinking about the vapour return line under the car and it uses the same style fitting in the steel line there as your link and also the fuel pump swirl pot in and out has the same type and because the fuel pot is plastic and the vapour return is steel I reckon it doesn't matter what type you use so for those reasons I'm 99% sure it might fit

Here's some punctuation use it how you see fit

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Ai (Aftermarket Industries) make the quick fits also (plastic only afaik) and they test every single one of them with failures in their manufacturing process... I prefer to keep the standard connections myself instead of using AN but I understand why people use them, especially with the fuel side of things. 

Dying while on fire would hurt...

This clip below generally cheers me up if I'm having a bad day and the dancing knight tops it off at the end! 

Feel free to delete if it breaches the forum rules.