Territory FMIC (creative ideas)

ACterritory

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Ughhh ok I'll be a mind reader...

The plaz outlets are straight out and the exact dimensions of the cooler and outlets can be found on the plaz website with a bit of sleuthing. Brackets are nothing more than a bit of alloy or mild steel flat bar, with holes drilled at the right spots to fit the cooler and whatever you're going to fit it to on the car, usually the lower rad support.

The plaz piping is nothing crazy and you could easily make it work with generic piping and silicones from ebay. Make goddamn farken sure you bead roll the ends or you will have an eternity of an endless amount of sand in your vagina!

4 hours ago, ACterritory said:

Could strap you up it while I’m at it

If you promise to use plenty of lube I might even go measure my "cooler" for you :gaysex:

• Member For: 2y 5m 12d

thank you

Definitely a cost thing. I don’t want to spend 2500 on an intercooler when other things can be done. It’s a territory and I can’t justify it.

I’ve seen plenty of falcons on the net with cheaper coolers fitted, or alternatively barra swapped cars that choose not to use plaz or process west. Most don’t list part numbers or read comments though. 

It’s like falcon owners are mentally locked into two brands but I was expecting others to have looked around them.

It’s ok though I’ll just want to figure out something different and more cost effective 👍

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 20d

Its got to do with the performance of the cores and better fitment. The cheaper cores might be fine for what you want, but they invariably heat soak quicker than a more expensive core. Otherwise everyone would save money on cooler selection. Its got nothing to do with brand fixation

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 22d
22 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Work out the size, put the outlets to the top, make some brackets, make some pipes, done.

Sounds about as accurate and straightforward as it could get. 
Youtube channels like MCM and Skid factory very have detailed videos about adding custom FMIC's to cars. I imagine it'd be the exact same process on a territory.

There is a guy I met in a car club a while ago with the same car as me (FG xr6t) and he had installed an ebay FMIC and piping kit to his car. I went the plazzy route.

Just by looking at the cars when parked next to each other you can see the different in quality. 

He even said the install sucked, but so did mine so no loss there. The performance he got out of it was better than factory, but not by much. Summer days he could do 2 or 3 freeway pulls before the cooler got heat soaked.

If budget is a concern, I'd recommend you just save for longer to get the better cooler. You'll be way better off that way. Can always get a custom plazzy cooler, they do custom sizes :)

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

The front mount intercooler core on my F6X - 500mm x 450mm x 100mm (HxWxD). I was told it's an original stage two B series from PW but can't confirm that. End tanks are either 2.5" entry and 3" exit or both 2.5" as I can't remember... All pipe is custom made out of SS, I'd prefer alloy but I bought the car with mostly that setup.

Any front mount is better than standard imo, the $300 ones on ebay were good enough...

• 1 year later...