Lowest Torque figures in the 400kw club

It is I

• k31th changed the title to Lowest Torque figures in the 400kw club
  • Member For: 2y 6m 4d

Yeah, but would people not keep track of their own? It seems like under 1000 pounds with over 400kw is on the lower end. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to make 400+ with say 800-900

Not so much asking if someone's kept track of every figure, more if they know they're on the lower end themselves and happy to share

Is my question problematic for some reason that I've missed? But sure, I'm doing my own research as well.

yeah I wasn't hopeful with this question.

from what I understand about torque and HP the two options I can think of are:

1. ramp boost up late in RPM (not very useable)

2. use a restrictive exhaust system

Either way, not a great result... torque is what we love. I think we should be thinking about the 700pound club, 1000pound club rather than 300kw, 400kw clubs

anyhow, I need to just accept the fact that I'll need to build my ZF $$$$$$$

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Those torque numbers are fairly arbitrary as they can be changed by the size rim and tyre you use. Even using a skinnier tyre with the same rolling diameter will change readings.

Ramping the boost in late makes the power in a rwd car much more usable as it'll keep a lot more traction on the road. This is commonly done with stock engines to keep the rods in.

Having done all kinds of testing with a restrictive exhaust system I can tell you that the peak number doesn't change much but it falls over much quicker.

Numbers on a forum don't mean a lot so if you were keen for more honest comparison, head to a dyno day, roll racing or drag racing. A dyno day not so much, but the track will show what your car can actually do.

#awd1500club

• Like 2

That makes a lot of sense actually - numbers on paper are inferior to the actual thing. I'll see when the next event is in Sydney and will talk to a few people down there who's cars seem to be running the way I'd like mine to go

Interesting on putting the boost in late to make them more useable. I initially thought it would go the other way but on second thought, of course that would 'tame' the car a little more. I guess a bigger turbo (I have the 76) would also help with bringing in the power later and keeping it under control at lower RPM, which is where I'd imagine the transmission damage occurs

• Member For: 11y 3m

I've got the baby turbo high flowed and made 716.9 NM of torque with 412 RWKW (on e85)

Might not be the lowest number, but its somewhere for you to start your comparisions

that answers me exactly. It's possible to have lower torque with over 400kw. I've got about that much torque with 320kw currently

how does it drive mate? how do you feel the higher power with lower torque figures? what's it like?