321KW FG at 16 PSI

It is I

• Member For: 2y 5m 15d

Feels great to drive around with over 400hp at the wheels, doesn't it!

I've got a 2010 fg xr6 turbo pushing 321kw at 16psi. Drops to 12psi because I don't have any turbo mods. Goes hard now!

It does need some more creature comforts. Anyone used a Kayhan v4? Is it a vibe?

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

I have the V2, was going to upgrade to the V4 for them better specs, but my turbo died so the head unit will have to wait lol.

V4 has some pretty cool updates since the V2 I have. Bluetooth 5 being a nice one. Has a better built in amp for speakers too, not that the stock speakers are any good though xD

Gives you an awesome upgrade path for amps and better speakers :)

As far as drop in replacements go, that give you a bunch more features and retains all factory controls, its amazing.

Word of warning, installation can be tricky for those not savvy in electrical/ car audio installs. Use their youtube videos as a reference for installing.

I should say, by the way, it's got now cold air intake from xr6turbodevelopments, 1000cc injectors and fuel pump, 100cell cat, 3.5 inch catback, and stage 2 I/c from antz

If I could go back, I'd save money on the catback and use that cash to port the turbo and get a new actuator. live and you learn

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

You seem to be running around the same power as me, not surprising as the mod lists are mighty similar. I don't think you chose wrong at all. The stock cat is terribly restrictive, I dare say that if you'd have left it in and ported the turbo that you would have ended up needing to run higher boost to achieve this same result.

I reckon, you're way better of doing exactly what you've done, and then save for a bigger turbo and other goodies while you enjoy the power you have now. 

Hopefully your turbo lasts a long time! xD 

How many K's are on the clock?

Have you changed to an aftermarket turbo oil feed filter?

2 hours ago, It is I said:

Time for a G series? ;)

Looking like that's the plan for the future, not now however.

Got a gt3582 from my brother I'll send to a turbo rebuild place, like procharge or the likes, and get a gtx core put in it... Or just get a pulsar chra because they're so damn cheap 😂

Yeah my tuner told me to consider pulsar. Says he hasn't had an issue with them. I figure, even if they don't last long as a garrett, they're so cheap I can just replace it if I have any issues.

I did oil feed line, oil pump gears and valve springs too for safety.

Glad to know I fluked it and did the right thing haha

I've got 81000 on the clock and was owned by an old couple from new so with any luck the turbo will last me long enough to save up. Although that damn fuel bill will slow my budget plan down for sure... I get about 15L/100 if my right foot behaves but that can easily become a 30

I still need to do the zf cooler. Just feels like a ticking time bomb 

On 15/10/2021 at 2:08 PM, biddie_fiddler said:

while you enjoy the power you have now. 

Yeah that's not hard to do at all

• Like 1

• Member For: 13y 1m 14d

Awesome result mate.  I'm running 20kws less on 15psi boost.    Using the Venom cat pipe.   Process west stage 1 cooler 1000cc injectors wolbro 255 fuel pump.   Tuned on SCT.     Who tuned your car mate.?

• 3 weeks later...