Has anyone installed aftermarket sports seats?

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 1d

I'm looking at design/ colours to fully retrim the interior in P4NDA, and thought maybe getting aftermarket sports seats for the front and matching the rest? wondering what people have found good- eBay generic? Brand name seats? Assuming original rail would be used to install.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers 

Scott

Edited by Panda Eyes

• Member For: 3y 1m 24d

Havnt installed them in my falcon but did have aftermarket seats in my GTR, had a genuine recaro for the drivers seat and a replica for the passenger... ( I bought the car this way) tbh from a visual perspective was hard to tell difference unless you looked really closely but me being anal I wanted to swap it out, much heavier then a genuine recaro and the padding material was no where near as good...... recaro make a great seat though 

also if you do go the aftermarket sport seat route check dimensions carefully some recaros (and other aftermarket seats) are a super tight fit, I was really fit during the time I owned the GTR and I always struggled with the leg bolsters now 20kgs heavier I don't think I'd fit in to them hahaha 

Edited by TRYME

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 27d

About 7 yrs ago I put in some gtp replica buckets in my fg2. Retains the side airbag functionality for a street daily. There were a few companies who could rebuild stock seats into sports buckets.

Edit. Think it was proseat I bought from

Edited by sixman