FG indicator issue, locating flasher relay ?

Nathan017

• Member For: 2y 6m 20d

I have my drivers indicator randomly stopping and start flashing fast like a bulb is blown - however none are blown and they all work. this only happens on the drivers side, iv done some reading about changing the indicators relay but I cant seem to locate it in any fuse diagrams or any previous threads?  

can anyone share any info to help so annoying and potentially dangerous. 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

I might be wrong, but I reckon in modern cars where body electrics are controlled by a computer, there wouldn't be a separate flasher unit - the computer would just send a rapid on/off signal to a standard relay.

hmmm leaves me stuck as to why this is happening, bizarre enough when the car isn't running it doesn't cause any issues as I just realised when I tried swapping bulbs around to see if there was any bulb on it is way out potentially. 

managed to narrow this down to the rear LED tail lamps fitted , unplugged the side causing the issue , and when car realises its off it still flickers but fast, rather then when its plugged it and it malfunctions all indicators stop completely on that side . noticed a few LEDS out on each of the panels so im thinking of replacing them completely to see if it is the problem. I noticed resistors underneath , x 2 on each side to ramp the volts up, could out LEDs cause drop in voltage therefor tripping the computer