Fog Light Problems

THICC1

• Member For: 2y 5m 19d

Hello everyone

I've been trying to get the fog lights working on my 2006 BF XR6 but they still wont turn on.

I've replaced the bulbs, fuses and relay but they still wont turn on, I know the button works because the fog light pops up on the dash, I've tested the connections using a multimeter and they get power and current can flow though the bulbs but they still wont turn on.

I know it's quite unusual and I am completely stumped here since they getting power but nothing's happening, any help welcome.

Its going back up on jacks next week from when I posted this so if you wanna see some photos of certain things that could help I'll get them then

Thanks

Hello everyone

I posted about this a couple days ago but got no responses (I think I put it in the wrong discussion) looking for any DIY solutions since last time I took a car to an auto electrician it cost a heck of a lot for something they didn't fix.

I've tested the switch and it works, the globes, relay and fuse have been replaced and still nothing, down at the plugs for the fog lights my multi meter reads 20V AC so I assume that could be a cause for concern since I think they should be running at 12V but when I try to turn them on they haven't blown. If more information is needed just ask and I can try and get it for you.

Thanks

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

if you didn't get any responses, that's because the people who opened it and read it didn't have an immediate answer... just wait for somebody to help... fog lights are not an important or time-sensitive fix...

if the circuit works (e.g. the light comes on the dash) and you're getting voltage to the bulb, then it's not simple to track down... this IS auto-elec work, so I'm surprised he couldn't fix it... did the auto-elec give you any information to go on? e.g. what might cause it to have 20V or where the 20V starts etc?

nah, they said they couldn't find the route of the problem, just told me to replace the relay, fuse and bulbs which I did to no avail, they are kind of important to fix at the moment since I need them to work for a WOF (warrant of fitness, don't know the equivalent for Australia) since they failed last time for not working