Cutting out issues

HG.79

• Member For: 2y 6m 19d

Xr6turbo fg 2008 6spd manual sedan.  Having issues of the car just randomly cutting out when coming to a stop. Hot or cold doesn't really matter. It use to happen before, then stopped for awhile and now it's happening again , alot more often. Sometimes when it cuts out I'll go to start it up and faulty sign will come up transmission not in park (it's a manual). And then it won't start up at all after that. Lights everything else works on dash but won't kick over. This part has happened only twice. 2nd time I gave the wire connection on starter a clean and hasn't happend since. But cutting out is still there.  Have got new battery,  I'm thinkn map/mafs sensor?. Can any1 help pls sorry for long post really want to sort issue.

• Member For: 3y 23d

Fuel pump?

"Transmission not in park" comes up after I disconnect the battery and reconnect it.

Could be battery going bad?

Does it start with your foot on the clutch?

Mine suddenly decided it wanted a foot on the clutch to start when my fuel pump went bad and I drained the battery trying to start it.

Do a battery test, or at least put it on charge. These cars don't like low voltage.