• Member For: 2y 5m 27d

Hi people! 

Just curious since I'm aware that manual transmissions are often noisier than their automatic counterparts and this could be nothing more than a worthless concern, however I figure I should ask the more experienced in the off chance there is something wrong.

I own a model of the widely-regarded lesser (normally aspirated) late model FG-X XR6 in Utility trim, paired with the somewhat beefier Tremec six speed.

Ever since I purchased the car at 72,000 kilometres, what can be only described as a subtle "clacka lacka lacka" noise comes from somewhere in the ballpark of the transmission or driveline, however only at idle with the clutch engaged, and only once every sixty seconds or so. It hasn't led to any real transmission or drive-breaking problems so far so it really is probably nothing.

If this could be answered I would be extremely grateful. Mine isn't the quickest car on earth obviously, but it's a fun daily driver and I love it very much.

Thanks,

Will

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

it's totally normal for a TR6060 to have a shaking clutch when it's engaged (e.g. not pushed up against the flywheel), especially if it's a twin plate clutch.

• Thanks 1