Loose turbo piping

Bryan Anderson

• Member For: 2y 6m 27d

Hi guys, have a small query, I have a BA turbo and struggle to keep the factory intake pipe connected to the turbo, have very large hose clips on it, but as I'm  tightening them up they tend to just slide back off the turbo, Ford seemed a bit stingy with the lenght they have allowed on the turbo and the factory piping. Should I go aftermarket piping or is there a simpler fix, look forward to your comments.

Bryan. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 27d

Clean the turbo and both the inside and outside of the pipe well, before attempting to tighten it.

You will need to ensure the pipe is pushed on all the way before tightening the clamp.

Make sure the clamp is pushed up to the edge of the pipe before tightening. This is probably where you are going wrong.

Be patient and get it right before tightening, or you will likely have recurring issues.

Yes it is a giant pita but that's cars for you.

Finally, have a beer when you're done, or at the very least a strong cup of tea.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

yep, like what puff said, the clamp must be behind the knurling completely and a clean mating surface or it'll slip over time.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Yes, if you are using the 1" or wider steel clamps they won't hold, especially on the throttle body as well. Just buy the original style clamps which are more than enough for just the intake and will also take more boost than most engines use (30psi easily for instance)...