is this center bearing worn ?

Nathan017

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Loosen the bearing to body bolts and do them up again with no pressure on the bearing. If they are done up before the diff and trans ends, it will load the bearing one way or the other.

• Member For: 2y 7m 11d

iv just done that and then removed the diff shims as I feel like they made it worse . 

went around the block seams better, although I can still mildly feel it . should I do it again now the diff shims are removed ? 

this may sound like a stupid question, but looking under the car the from the transmission to the center bearing through to the diff , should the center bearing onwards have a slight angle in the tail shaft or should it be completely straight ? as makes me wonder do people add washers to the centre bearing bolts to drop it at all as when I loosen the centre bearing it dropped about 15mm worth before it had no strain .

sorry for your the essay, just so over this vibration that im really getting fed up diagnosing this 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d
33 minutes ago, Nathan017 said:

should I do it again now the diff shims are removed ? 

Sure why not?! At this stage you've covered most of what to do.

Ahhhhhh no luck. So over this issue, its making me not want to drive it anymore. I honestly am baffled as to why it's doing this . Is there anything else that could be causing this ? even gave the engine a few revs with the break to see if there was any engine mount issues. 

iv just had a look online for new rubber support saddle insulators and iv realised my rear leafs only have the top mount saddle not the bottom, makes me wonder if this would cause vibration as it’s basically metal on metal contact , and since it’s been my first observation on a vehicle with leafs I haven’t known any different