2007 Terra Turbo Starter Motor

Para045

• Member For: 14y 7m 7d

Just trying to find out what starter motor to fit to the wife's 07 TT?

Over the last few weeks a couple of times when she went to start it she would turn the key and get no crank but had dash lights/windows/radio etc but then when she tried again it would start 😒

Anyway we were out together yesterday and stopped at multiple places and then it wouldn't start! I tried starting it myself, took the key out and locked the car thinking maybe a fob or immobiliser issue as the battery is less than 3 years old and still no joy so called the RAC.

About 1/2 hour later I tried again and she started fine and did that several times no issues!  5 minutes later the RAC guy shows, tests the battery etc and that is fine and reckons it's the starter as the Falcon/Terra ones go like that ie no click or anything when they are on the way out just wont crank 🤨

Anyway he said just get one from Repco/Veale etc as they aren't too pricey and fit it and should be good so started looking around and I'm just a little unsure about exactly which starter is correct?

Repco list 1 Repco.com.au: OEX BXS0102 STR 12V 10TH CW BOSCH STYLE NEW = $134

Supercheap has quite a few different ones at different prices and some have slightly different specs 😵  Supercheapauto.com.au: Ultra Torque SNB001 = $173.99 special order 21-22/9/21Supercheapauto.com.au: JAS SNB001 = $174 special order 21-22/9/21Supercheapauto.com.au: Jas SNB158 = $197.99 special order 21-22/9/21Supercheapauto.com.au: Ultra Torque SNB158 = $207 special order 21-22/9/21Supercheapauto.com.au: Jaylec 70-1008-1 = $229 special order 21-22/9/21Supercheapauto.com.au: Ultra Torque BXF456 = $233 special order 21-22/9/21Supercheapauto.com.au: Jas SNJ537 = $271 special order 21-22/9/21Supercheapauto.com.au: Ultra Torque SNJ537 = $271 special order 21-22/9/21,

Thing is both places say they all fit an 07 TT but when searching, some of the numbers quoted as fitting say non turbo only, some don't depending on the site and to check the one in the car.

Did that this morning and got even more confused as the one in the car says Bosch F 000 ALO 900, Industria Brasileira 5R29 11001 AA, any idea which one to get 🥺   

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

they'll probably all fit if they say they fit, as the non-turbo and turbo ones are the same, as far as I know