maximising ride comfort

Nathan017

• Member For: 2y 7m 10d

wondering what other components I can change to get the maximum drive comfortability . the chasis itself has over 200k on it . 

so far iv changed shocks and removed a few leafs from the rear which has helped majorly. although it is still bumpy as on the front, iv ordered new sway bar links but just wondering what components will make the most difference when changing from people’s experience 

• Member For: 2y 7m 10d

no the springs are factory and I have recently purchased new shocks, just more or less wondering what will add to the comfortability if changed, just not content with the ride feel , feels a little rattly over sh*t roads and you can hear it in the dash - weather this is just a ford thing or I’m being too fussy lol

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Only way to be sure of any rattle in the interior is to take it all apart and button it down to your own satisfaction on each individual mount point.

With ride, removing leafs is not ideal for spring rate and comfort, to start with... but a good set of springs, shocks and bushes will make the car feel great.

If you want it quieter in terms of road-noise-refinement then wheel well liners, interior dampening etc exist and will definitely be an improvement and it's something you can do while the entirety of the interior is stripped down :)