intercooler upgrading ? yes / no

Nathan017

• Member For: 2y 6m 6d

End of the day, I've seen ANTZ on set ups pushing over 450kw and my goal is 320 for now and maaaaybe 400 on e85 in the future so it should be fine for my goals. Plus the cold side is significantly cooler than the hot side so it seems to be working well

Just now, bossmang said:

he cheaps out on thinner metal to save some bucks. 

this is a performance design so it's lighter for power to weight gains!

28 minutes ago, TRYME said:

The F6 intercooler was slightly larger although general consensus is it's no better then an XR factory cooler.

I mean, it's twice the size so I doubt that it's no better... but I wouldn't upgrade from an xr to an f6 cooler, that's for sure.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d
27 minutes ago, bossmang said:

its called quality keif. he cheaps out on thinner metal to save some bucks. 

no :pooh:, sherlock... as long as it holds the boost and stays connected, who cares how thin it is?

• Member For: 3y 1m 26d
54 minutes ago, It is I said:

I mean, it's twice the size so I doubt that it's no better... but I wouldn't upgrade from an xr to an f6 cooler, that's for sure.

yea that's what I thought as well but everyone who tunes these things was saying they really ain't much better...

surprised me also..

in regards to the antz IC I think it be a good choice if it was under 1000 bucks but for what they charge for it the few hundred extra for PW or Plazzy is the way to go 

Edited by TRYME

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 26d
1 hour ago, k31th said:

no :pooh:, sherlock... as long as it holds the boost and stays connected, who cares how thin it is?

I care,  it feels cheap and you can tell its made in china when side by side to plazz or nizzy etc. 

it's your car so it makes sense. end of the day, it's working well and that's all I care about

1 hour ago, TRYME said:

yea that's what I thought as well but everyone who tunes these things was saying they really ain't much better...

surprised me also.

very surprising! what was ford doing??!! silly buggers

1 hour ago, TRYME said:

in regards to the antz IC I think it be a good choice if it was under 1000 bucks but for what they charge for it the few hundred extra for PW or Plazzy is the way to go

100% agree, for another 300 bucks I could have gotten a PW2

get outta here hahaha surely not! I'm cheering if that's the case, and explains why it's working so well for me

ANTZ say they pressure test them for 40psi and I'm not putting that kinda boost into my barra soo.... as long as it cools the air (which it seems to) I'm happy

• Member For: 6y 11m 19d

The ANTZ is an exact copy of the process west. The boys at ANTZ ripped a process west apart and sent it to their manufacturer for an exact copy. I don't know if the materials are the same but they seem to work fine. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d
2 hours ago, bossmang said:

I care,  it feels cheap and you can tell its made in china when side by side to plazz or nizzy etc. 

how often is it going to be side-by-side for you to notice?