Piston and rod choice

Ammf6

• Member For: 3y 1m 22d

Hey all , I'm in the process of doing my first engine build on my Barra 6 , I'm tossing up between

Atomic Superleggera conrods 

atomic icon forged pistons

or

nitto / cp forged pisons and  rods ..

both are in my budget and I've head good things about both. the atomic gear is a bit cheaper , and differences in H an I beam for choice ? looking to reach around the 550 - 600 rwkw power.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 20d

Hey mate, you might have to look at manufacturing lead times. Everything is a bit crazy atm. Probably plenty of atomic stuff off the shelf available. If you don't mind waiting, I don't think anyone has anything bad to say about Nitto.

I'd look at Nitto/JE if you have time and budget. Superleggera/Cosworth is worth considering if you have the budget for $2k pistons

• Member For: 3y 1m 22d

im leaning towards the nitto range with the I beam.. I got a pretty good deal on ditto just seeing if they are the old JE stock or the new CP nitto range.

the bloke at nitto said they have changed to cp and not je anymore . the je nitto range was still good he said..

has anyone noticed any difference in the atomic rods with the pressure fed gudgeon gallery ?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Dunno what you’re talking about…

Atomic Superleggra rods and Cossies are a brilliant choice ;) 

if you want a good price hit me up !

2QstUen.jpg

aHZ6mnw.jpg

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

My cp bullet series pistons rattle up to about 85c cht then they go quiet. Have already made roughly 1100hp at the crank with those pistons and spool drag pro rods. The drag pro rods have side oil squirters to lube and cool under the piston.

Time will tell how well the pistons hold up to that power level.

• Member For: 10y 6m 20d

Pretty sure nitto changed to cp because getting pistons from JE was unreliable. Something to note with the JE pistons is they run a thinner top ring which means when you do a re ring and bearing freshen up in future they are harder to source and you will need to get them through JE in the US. Using a cp piston you can get rings straight from total seal or hastings easily as the ring size is more common.