Muffler delete on DEA 2.5" catback with hotdog and dual out muffler

Archie11

• Member For: 2y 7m 30d

Had the DEA 2.5" catback put on my bf xr6 falcon but the sound is just not up there and I'm guessing its because of the dual out muffler. It's too quiet and I feel like I've been robbed. Will getting rid of the muffler be a good choice as its already got a hotdog center. Anyone done something similar? Thanks

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

it'll be ridiculously loud with just a single center hotdog... it should be quite loud as it is, but yeah, if you want a little more noise just go back to your exhaust place and swap out the rear one with a more loud one.

Keep in mind that most exhausts you buy as a kit are around the limit of allowed sound levels and changing the setup can make them unreasonably loud in some circumstances.

• Like 1

• Member For: 2y 7m 30d
Thanks a lot for that boss. I jus went under my car this arvo and I've noticed that there's not a hot dog centre but another muffler in the center. So its got a mid and rear muffler instead of a hotdog and rear muffler as I had previously misunderstood. Would it be sensible to have that rear one removed now since there's a mid muffler in place?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

you can do that... it'll be pretty loud especially right at the tailpipe and will likely cause a bunch of drone at cruising speeds.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

all good, there's plenty of other options if you wish to change, none of them are going to be cheap other than getting mufflers replaced with hotdog-mufflers/straight-through-mufflers/straight-pipe.

• Like 1