Not a fan of the dose

VitaminG

• Member For: 4y 11m 17d

so I've just installed the Antz turbo side airbox & battery relocation kit. Happy with the way it all turned out. But I'm not a fan of dose so I want to throw the BOV back in and plumb it back to the airbox.

I have 2 questions:

1. what kind of 25mm hose do I need? Does it matter?
  2. can I just run the hose into the airbox, maybe drill a hole in the side & feed the hose in? I don't imagine the recirculated air is going to be super high pressure. Or for this application, does it need a proper fitting?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

1. No, it doesn't matter.

2. No, it doesn't have to be a fancy connection, just go with whatever method you're comfortable with. If it's not clamped it might pop out every now and then just due to engine vibrations etc.

• Like 1

• Member For: 4y 11m 17d

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

I was actually thinking of maybe using an o-ring (so the clamp doesn't scratch up the box) & clamp on the hose inside the box to prevent it popping out. But wasn't sure if pressures might be so great that the clamp would just fly off anyway. Sounds like it should work just fine.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3d

I've got the same kit and got a thingo welded onto the metal pipe elbow that the filter attaches to. If you are going to the effort of plumbing back you may as well make it legal.

I think I used oil drum hose so it was oil resistant, but in reality there ain't much oil going in there. Was just what I could find that was black.

• Member For: 3y 24d

I installed the same kit before I got it tuned. I still ran the BOV and initially loved it.

Now after driving it for a while I've reverted back to the original airbox to quieten down the induction noise. Maybe I'm getting old but I find it much more pleasant to drive on longer relaxed drives.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d

You're definitely not the only person to not be a fan of it.

My partner gets annoyed with it when I drive and we're on the road for a long time... But when she gets behind the wheel she'll make it dose every couple minutes. 

Double standards 🤣🤣

I drive totally different to her too though I suppose xD 

Anyway back your thread. I would have no idea how to plumb it back. Of all the FGs I've seen in Perth I have no seen a single one with a plumbed back BOV. If they even have one to begin with, its just dumped to atmosphere. 

Good luck with the install when you get round to it!