Fuel regulator

Joenash85

• Member For: 3y 7m 17d

Hi all,

I've been looking on here about this question, but can't seem to find the exact answer I'm after.

I've got a fg xr6 that I've converted to turbo, currently running on standard factory parts, injectors, turbo intake and throttle body, turbo fuel reg injectors and pump, factory intercooler (f6 I think it is), but has the gtx3582r gen 2, it's been tuned and has around 275kw at the wheel, I was told if I got the 1000cc injectors, I would have gotten 300kw, so I'm going to do that, as my goal is to hit the 300kw mark.

My question here is, if I get say the 255 pump and 1000cc injectors, should I also upgrade my current factory fuel regulator?, or would it be best to not worry about that until I look at like the 460/540 fuel pump?, I know I should go the 460 straight up, but I'm not sure what I need to do with the rewiring side of things just yet.

Thanks in advance

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

well, a GTX3582R's max is around the 500kW mark, so the turbo is a little oversized for your goals hahaha... Yes, you should upgrade the regulator as your plans will definitely change, but realistically you don't need to for a 300kW goal and a 255lph pump

I know the turbo is a little overkill, but it was cheaper to get that than a factory 3572 turbo from Ford, plus I'm pretty sure I'm going to want more power down the road, do best to get that than stock, hahahahahahaha, thanks for the answer, so basically wack in the 1000cc and the pump, tune her and should see the 300kw easily?

Yeah, brakes I've been thinking about as well, I don't want to have to change the callipers just yet, so been thinking about high end discs and pads for now, until I can see about maybe the turbo callipers, the rest I've also been thinking about as well, but with the diff, I'm not sure, so many people have different opinions about what's good and all that, tail shaft and drive shafts are something I'll be doing when I do the diff