Reputable tuner singing a different tune to the forum...

FGeorge

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 28d

Any decent should be able to - it's a little fiddly but nothing complex.

Sorry that's what I was trying to explain above - that mod DOES NOT unlock extra power. It helps you limit the boost so you don't get unintended spikes. It doesn't increase your maximum boost or power levels.

Baby turbo is going to max around 309-320kw. For $850 or so you can get a Pulsar GTX3576 gen 2 equivalent supercore to bolt up to your existing rear housing. That will go more power but will definitely need the flapper mod.

Edit: weird post delay, but same-same

• Like 1

• Member For: 2y 10m 19d

I feel like the jigsaw puzzle is coming together now. 

I imagine that bigger core would mean the boost comes on a little later. Is there a big difference? I like how quickly the baby turbo spools when driving around the place

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d
OP: you play- you pay. Accept this right from the outset or don't start down the modifying path. Its gonna cost more than you think in the end anyway....
Yes but as I said, everyone gets the same feeling regardless of what it is. New car, new house, new state, job etc etc...
Will it? Your gate is pegged open. It will hit whatever it wants depending on conditions.

Boost limited is not boost control.
Yes, 18psi

Bjc, are you saying 18 because of some logic around:

Max overboosted psi from turbo mechanically possible is say 24psi and stock wastegate can attenuate 6psi, hence max possible is 18? Wondering then if the earlier comments about going over 18 psi are down to a gauge reading psi incorrectly? What makes you sure that it will max at 18?

Edited by FGeorge
(I'm throwing fake numbers around for the sake of a concept)

Gaz, I'm asking a theoretical question aided by fake numbers (as edited above), of course he doesn't know the exact numbers, that's dumb.

He said that there exists a max psi that the small turbo can hit (18psi... Maybe bjc was being sarcastic like you, I dunno. 🌴 Throwing you some shade). I'm being curious, this is a cool topic after all.

So if there is a maximum psi that can be achieved, then is that because there is a limit to small turbo psi and a max wastegate relief? then it follows that there is a limit to max actual boost (max turbo psi less max wastegate relief).

1 hour ago, Puffwagon said:

I'm just here for the goats :outahere:

You mean you think I'll ghost you and not post my Dyno sheet when it's done? Guilty until proven innocent hey? Haha