Condensation on rear windscreen

Snowbear77

• Member For: 3y 7m 28d

Since, WA has been indulged in the greatest rain purge in 50 years.........the few odd times I've had my FG caught out in the rain, I've noticed condensation on the rear windscreen at the bottom, and subsequently my front windscreen has little to none ( after being outside for 12 hours ). I've come across another FG and a BF that also had condensation on the rear windscreen.  I've owned several fords between  XF - EL models and never had this issue..........is there a design fault that I should be concerned with causing this affect? ( that could ultimately be leading to rusting around the rear windscreen )

For instance........XF's used to rust badly in the sill under the windscreen wipers and around the rear quarter window panel, and most EL's rusted under the sills ( under the doors ), that ran the length of the car. Yes, there are a lot of little other area's, but these are the ones I've had experience with several times. I have come across in this forum earlier, that a missing rubber gromment ( from near the front door hinges can cause water to trickle down the pillar and rust out the bottom and cause major issues if not addressed early.

Thoughts anyone?

• Member For: 3y 7m 28d

Cheers cat007. I tried this as soon as I first noticed the condensation, and found nothing damp or wet. I pulled all the boot liners off, checked the parcel shelf, and all was dry. Having mentioned that I saw the same issue on a FG and BF, I thought this may be a common issue on all FG's.....