2007 XR6 BF Mkii Headunit Swap - Help

xr6bfmkiisydney

• Member For: 2y 9m 6d

G'day all, I just bought my first car and its a 2007 xr6. Got an amazing price for it so I swooped in a sealed the deal. But now I wanna add a brandnew headunit and the only one I see is the kayhan stereo upgrade headunit, but that would set me back around 1.5k including installation. Also, after calling a very rebutable car audio installer out here in sydney, I was informed that there is no effecient systems for an older xr6 like the 07 I own besides a SINGLE DIN audio system. Which does have all the stuff I need but I would be realy happy to have a reverse camera.

If anyone could give me a piece of advice on what to do. essentially id like a reverse camera screen and an audio playing system on my car. If anyone has any ideas or any tips to somehow install an apple carplay or android auto system that would be great. or just any general interior installation tips and ways I could make the car a bit more ahead technologically. That too would be greatly appreciated

Thank you very much for your time,

xr6mkiisydney

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

If you're not technical enough to do it yourself, it's not simple to do what you're asking, e.g. have the touch-screen, android/apple auto etc and it'll be expensive to do anything of the sort...

But if you just want quality audio a single din can go underneath the stock HU and tap into the factory speaker wires where necessary. Since it's your first car, it's a good idea to get good at backing up etc and a touch screen will only distract you for too long anyway :)

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 15d

Something like this...

FALCON BA BF - TERRITORY SX SY REVERSE CAMERA (aslautomedia.com.au)

and 

Alpine - UTE-93DAB DIGITAL MEDIA/DAB RECEIVER WITH ADVANCED BLUETOOTH

This model (may be discontinued) has steering wheel control support built in (external adapter not required)

Was easy to setup and still retain volume controls, skip forward etc via steering wheel

20210714_090751.jpg

• Like 1