Catch can routing help

FGX 40T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 23d

Hi all, sorry to ask but I have been doing a lot of reading on this topic and am now totally confused. I am installing a catch can on an FGX XR6T. It’s a SAAS catch can that does not vent to atmosphere. I am only installing it on the PCV side for now and possibly another can for the other vent later. This is my proposed routing: Keeping the stock PCV valve in place; running a line from the PCV valve to the catch can inlet and then the outlet line from the can to the intake manifold (stock position). Do I need a one way check valve in the outlet hose? If so I am assuming the directional arrow needs to point to the intake manifold so I don’t pressurise the catch can. I have a factory intake with crossover. Any help greatly appreciated. 

• Donating Members

Thanks for the info and the pic. Just checking as it’s a little hard to see (follow the hoses). Your PCV goes to the can inlet and your outlet from the can goes to the inlet on the manifold. Your check valve is on the outlet to the manifold ( as it is vey close to the PCV-  just double checking). In the stock set up - the hose that goes from the PCV to the inlet manifold has what looks like a one way valve already on the line. Do you know if that is the case? Thanks again.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Job done. Thanks for your help. I have made it totally reversible should the need arise. No check engine lights so far. Cheers

64D1723A-1F95-4887-AEC7-2CF7431001FE.jpeg

B3372198-842A-41FC-8826-1F132EED8C09.jpeg

5F9AD003-EEAE-45C4-A9F6-7A81B1465A86.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 1m 21d

Anyone know where does the original PCV hose run to and can it be removed completely or terminated?

I can't find anything on the interwebs about this side of the PCV system, everything is redirecting to the catch can and that's it.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Trust me you don't want to remove/disable the PCV system. The stock line is connected to the rocker cover and dumps the oil vapour back into your intake to either recondense there into a liquid or be combusted in the next engine cycle.