Plugs fouling

• Member For: 5y 4m 19d

Hi guys, I went for a 5 hour drive the other day, and when near my destination got into bumper to bumper traffic for 30 minutes. My fgx xr6t starting stuttering and running rough and seemed like it was going to stall at idle and just above idle. I was worried but after thinking about it for a while, I realized it must have been the plugs fouling up. I have 1 heat range colder ngk iridium's in it. After arriving at place and leaving car all day before driving home, it ran rough on start up, but once I got onto road it came right and runs flawless. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought I could get hot idle leaned out a bit maybe, any ideas?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

It won't be fouled plugs based on what you've said, that causes a different symptom. More likely, it might have an o2 sensor issue and it could be misfiring when running excessively rich. Running rich doesn't mean fouled plugs but might eventually cause it.

There are things you can do to diagnose it and a decent performance workshop will have the tools available to give you a diagnosis and or possible repair.

Apart from that, if you've swapped in the wrong plugs and caused an issue, put the right plugs in and fix it?!

• Member For: 5y 4m 19d

Do you guys run colder than standard plugs? I'm running 15psi boost, 382rwkw. Had these plugs in since done all mods and tune, that's the first time iv been in very slow traffic in about 5000km. It runs mint otherwise.