Highest HP numbers on 98? (HP,NM,Psi)

VDSY

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

I've made 427awkw on e85 with a stock territory exhaust, except it had a slightly better cat, but not a decent 100 cell one or anything, so basically stock.

A stock or near stock exhaust will make a bunch of power and a free flowing one will make more power.

• Member For: 5y 7m 14d

Ah ok - thanks.

I'm currently ~300rwkw on 98 and ~350rwkw on E85 but with E85 not available here in NZ for less than $4/L (and it's not a pump, you have to buy a 200L barrel....) I'm wanting to bring my 98 game up via a turbo upgrade but wasn't sure if stock exhaust (with dump and venom cat) would be ok with ~400rwkw....

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It's fine to use a stock exhaust with a turbo upgrade but you should be planning to upgrade the exhaust eventually. You have to push the turbo a lot harder to make power with a restrictive exhaust which isn't optimal.

One or the other might gain 20kw each, but done together will net more than the sum of the parts.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Having a built motor doesn't really make a difference. You don't see much more than 400 on 98 with stock size turbos, because it reaches the knock limit of the fuel.

You can make plenty more if you have the right bolt ons, but you will sacrifice the street manners that a small turbo provides.