Haltech BA XR6 Turbo tuning in Perth that wont lock my ECU

speedoreido

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

I tend to agree. Most tuners are taking the piss.

There are a couple of shops out there starting to offer plug and play Motec setups for brand new platforms that require full reverse engineering of inputs and outputs. Huge amount of work goes into it by software engineers, and the product pricing reflects the initial investment and product development. I don't have an issue with that, but do have an issue with some flog charging $1200 for a PCMTEC tune that takes 10 mins to flash from something already on file, then do a quick dyno run showing a peak hp figure. No effort put into any part throttle driveability etc. Soooo many of the "big" shops are guilty of this.

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Imagine spending years developing something that also takes years to master, then have someone take it from you in the blink of an eye.

I work for a company who design gas detectors, I spent over a year developing and  coding the touch screen interface for a system, there software used to code it gives users the option to plug to device into a PC and copy the code onto the computer to view. They also have a password lock option to stop people from doing this.

Bet your fkn arse I added the password lock. Also the company doesn't want how their product works become public knowledge 😂

Real-world example kinda onto the same page as a tuner/PCMTEC/Haltech  

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Not really related but I drank 2 bottles of whiskey and nearly 2 cartons on the weekend and was pissing like I'd just found the antilag button to my willy.

• Haha 1

• Member For: 3y 1m 4d

Biddie... I agree with you but I'm saying it's hypocritical... the tuners are ripping of fords intelectual property then wanna whinge that someone will take there's.... f*ck em the base of there work dosent belong to

them Anyway it's fords...... 

Nothings a secret anymore I guarantee your gas detectors are on the shelf of the competitors... they'd be trying to suss it out etc 

Doubt it  takes years to learn how to tune a basic Barra combo.... I did spend years developing products and technology along with a team  and the competitors were always trying to take it from us that's been happening since the dawn of time 

Edited by TRYME

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

One bottle on Friday night and one on Saturday night. I had 2 and 1/2 cartons on Friday arvy and have 8 beers left now. Time for a break aka just a few a night lol