About as confused as a Toddler at a tithe bar.

Frank Castle 85

Hey all

This is probably the easiest question to answer, but I'm confused myself to bits. 

So I'm rebuilding my engine at the moment and it's going to be safe for big power. 800-1000hp at the wheels at max. Got all the supporting mods. 

Now, fuel... I currently have Walbro 460 and Bosch 1000cc injectors. Should I change these out to the Walbro 525 and Bosch 1250 or 2000cc injectors, do I need to change the stock fuel reg out too?

Or

Do I keep the fuel pump system I have and change out the fuel reg and if so, what brand is good?

Thanks in advance. 

Engine already has: 

1. Headstuds - Plazmanam

2. Valve Springs -  Crow Cams

3. Atomic Timing chain, guides, sprocket and spring

4. Atomic oil pump gears, backing plate and spring

5. NGK RP7 spark plugs

6. 3584 RS

7. 4inch dump into 3.5 full exhaust with middle muffler delete. 

8. Cosmetic head gasket

9. Antz Intercooler pipe

10. PWR stepped intercooler

Now it's getting:

Atomic piston 20thou over and 698 rods. *waiting for them to be delivered - yes being honed out. 

Upgraded clutch *waiting for them to be delivered 

Drive shaft from Gibbs

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

There is a big difference between 800hwp and 1000whp and the turbo will have to be pushed hard to get there. You'll get 800 but not 1000, provided everything else is there.

6 minutes ago, Frank Castle 85 said:

Walbro 460 and Bosch 1000cc injectors.

That will only get you a safe reliable 500rwkw, it's not worth pushing the parts to get more, although you could if you wanted to. Using that pump, you should already have an aftermarket reg in place.

A single 525 won't be enough for either of your power goals, a stock reg won't be able to control more than a 460 worth of fuel and bosch 2000cc @ 4 bar injectors will max out around the 950 to 1000whp area.

16 minutes ago, Frank Castle 85 said:

Do I keep the fuel pump system I have and change out the fuel reg and if so, what brand is good?

I suggest using some 2000cc+ @ 3 bar injectors, at least a couple of 525 pumps (preferably in a surge tank with staged switching) and a fpr2000 or similar items. Don't even waste your time thinking about 1250cc injectors, they wont be enough. You will need an upgraded return line most likely, depending on how it is set up.

So yerp there's my 2k. Have a read through my thread, particularly over the past 6 to 9 months and you should get some good info regarding your fuel related questions.

Cheers mate. I'd be very happy even with 500rwkw. You've explained it very well thank you. Still learning a lot about tuning and understanding these engines. I've come from Bikes (Hayabusa's). I'll go for a look now, again I appreciate the info mate.

When I first started this about 6 months ago my goal was 600-650hp and the last week, since I've bought the pistons and rods, I thought I might be able to go past that, obviously novice learning. Might see if I can get 700-750hp then which should be that 500rwkw. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Well there is a guy just north of Brisbane and he was reputable and he installed my valve springs over cylinder 3 upside down and caused two bent valves. He also said that he road tuned my car and it would be 600hp, he only mentioned this after the fact when I questioned him about the tune. This is why I am in a position that I am in. The person before him, was at Darra now Ipswich. Been head f**ked by the both of them and looking for someone in Brisbane that knows what their talking about. Struggling, why I asked on here. Can see I was fed sh*t with my estimates in the OG post.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Brisbane is tough man. The best thing you can do is go to a cars and coffee event or similar at QR and talk to all the blokes that have the fastest falcons that finish without breaking.

If you're happy with 500rwkw, the drop in GFB fuel reg seems to be the go. I just removed mine, after it made 500+. I've upgraded to FPR2000 with twin feed rail, -8 feeds and -6 return.

There seems to be a few in tank pump options, but its hard to go past the plazmaman twin pump surge tank setup. 

If you want THE answer on fuel system, ask @JETURBO. Actually, he will give you the answer for everything. Read up on his posts before asking though, because he's probably already covered it.

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Go to Forced Performance at Toowoomba and never worry again. Pay the money and know your in on a good thing with lots of support and expertise. Follow up tunes are much cheaper.  

Happy to pay for the right people man! Will give them a burl tomorrow. Cheers legend!

1 hour ago, Tom Tucker said:

Brisbane is tough man. The best thing you can do is go to a cars and coffee event or similar at QR and talk to all the blokes that have the fastest falcons that finish without breaking.

If you're happy with 500rwkw, the drop in GFB fuel reg seems to be the go. I just removed mine, after it made 500+. I've upgraded to FPR2000 with twin feed rail, -8 feeds and -6 return.

There seems to be a few in tank pump options, but its hard to go past the plazmaman twin pump surge tank setup. 

If you want THE answer on fuel system, ask @JETURBO. Actually, he will give you the answer for everything. Read up on his posts before asking though, because he's probably already covered it.

Cheers mate. 

Haha, that's it hey, finishes without breaking. 

Yeah after the info in this post, I bought a GFB fuel reg and see how that goes. Been looking into twin pump surge tanks. Not sure if I need it or not as I don't skid it, haven't tracked it yet; however, very keen for roll racing. 

Will do, gives me a lot of homework to read up on, which is a great thing.

Thanks mate !

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

No worries mate. If you end up sticking with just an in tank upgrade, make sure you upgrade the wiring to the pump. You may need to add a relay to ensure you're getting constant voltage. Often overlooked aspect of upgrading fuel pumps.