Is this possible? Need for Speed NOS button tune

FGeorge

• Member For: 6y 9m 24d
If any of you guys live down north Haven way I would love to run my GT 290 against your In lines. The barra is revered. But there really is not that much in it. People rave on about the ls2 and the Turbo barra. But the 5.4 gets no love. Its got quad
cams that should provide low , mid and very high torque. Actually it was the first car in Aussie  to have quad cams. That's two per side. Yes I know the Inline turbo is a much simpler engine. But there 800,000 in a million. How many 290 GT's are there?
Yea man im north haven area, happy to have a run.

• Banned
  • Member For: 2y 10m 8d

Mate. Use a pc. I am stuck in the old ages. That's why I drive a v8. Soon./ well not real soon. I am guessing 10 years there will be no petrol cars left. 

PS. I don't even know what tap a talk is. . I hate fones. Thwere for sms and calling triple 000.

Are you kidding me. Your the second person that has challenged me. I jusat like to see cars going flat chat side by side.

6 hours ago, k31th said:

:pandalol:  people can do whatever they want with their cars and take as many risks with their own vehicle as they want, as long as they're not endangering others, which he wouldn't be by using it on a track, lol

Yes but, I know a road that has no interconnecting roads foe 3 klms. That's plenty of room to get up to speed and then stop before the intersection.

16 hours ago, k31th said:

anything like this is do-able as long as you're willing to spend the money on the parts and the ability to control it haha

I cant even control a dead stop start. My drags start at 100. the old btr 4 speed only kicks into 2nd at 180.

• Member For: 2y 10m 18d

That would suck

No I'm not planning to use nos. I want a tune that is button activated while driving so that it's LIKE hitting the nos button in a game. Just a tune running more psi so you get the sensation of it as you plant it down a straight at the tracks and hit the button to swap to a more powerful tune. 

Just an added fun factor

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d
12 hours ago, FGeorge said:

This actually sounds perfect since I would only use it sparingly

I love that I can ask a question like this and there are people here who figure out out. 

If anyone does something like this before I am able to, let us know!

It's all in the tune mate. PCMTec allows for custom OS to be written to the PCM so that it takes certain cues from certain inputs. There's literally no wiring or anything - you just need a good tuner who uses PCMTec and knows how to do this. Will be pricier than a "normal" tune though and I still reckon you could have a normal tune written to suit your needs and style without needing to worry about a button. But understand the cool factor of having a button!
  • Like 1

• Member For: 3y 1m 24d

100% also FG George if your sticking to factory turbo no need as youl want all the power that turbo can deliver doubt youl want a low boost tune followed by a short burst of like 320rwkw could understand if you went for a larger turbo though 

• Like 1

• Member For: 2y 10m 18d

thanks everyone. How cool that with PCMTec it can feed into an existing steering wheel button. this will be really cool to have I reckon

noted on the power comment tryme, I'd probably be sitting on a 300 daily drive tune and the button should push me into a high 300s tune, so would need to upgrade my turbo - just not going to put a massive turbo on. Minimum 350kw with the button but I reckon closer to 380kw. hopefully that should be enough to notice something haha

• Member For: 3y 1m 24d

Well youl make 400 with a gtx3582gen 2 on petrol so 300-400 youl notice a big big difference ...

actually if u only want high 300s go a gtx3576 that will boost so hard youl love it 

Edited by TRYME