Is this possible? Need for Speed NOS button tune

FGeorge

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

You can actually do a separate switch (which could be a button lol) to completely change maps, apart from the cruise control button, or if you want you can do a rotary dial. With the first post's requirements in mind, using the rotary dial, you would have to work out when on the dial (which boost level etc) you wanted the nitrous to switch on, but that is easy enough to do. That way you could have a bit of extra wiggle room for boost control before nitrous was activated.

Anyhow all of this is on the pcmtec forum so have a look over there if yous are interested in learning more :declare:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Yeah man the rotary dial setup uses the same premise as a flex fuel signal, except you manually turn the dial. You can pick and choose what maps you blend and in this case you can blend boost, timing and after a set point, the nitrous system, which will also take into account boost and timing etc blah blah blah.

When I say it's easy, it's not really and you need to use some creative tuning but it is all possible with the stock pcm.

• Member For: 3y 1m 4d

Wow.... when I owned my R34 GTR many moons ago (before they were worth mega bucks) I remember having to fork out 5k for a at the time was a top ecu and to think now with the falcons most things are possible on a factory pcm.... so tell me is the factory pcm really that good from Ford? Or have the likes of pcmtec just put heaps of time into making it work? 

Edited by TRYME

• Member For: 2y 9m 27d
4 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You've gotta hold the cruise control to keep it changed though

This actually sounds perfect since I would only use it sparingly

I love that I can ask a question like this and there are people here who figure out out. 

If anyone does something like this before I am able to, let us know!

• Banned
  • Member For: 2y 9m 19d

If any of you guys live down north Haven way I would love to run my GT 290 against your In lines. The barra is revered. But there really is not that much in it. People rave on about the ls2 and the Turbo barra. But the 5.4 gets no love. Its got quad

cams that should provide low , mid and very high torque. Actually it was the first car in Aussie  to have quad cams. That's two per side. Yes I know the Inline turbo is a much simpler engine. But there 800,000 in a million. How many 290 GT's are there?

Is this the need for speed nos button tune thread.  Mate, this has all been covered before. You are not using nos on the street are you ? If you are and you crash, you will not be covered. You could lose your house and even your other 4 houses.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

:pandalol:  people can do whatever they want with their cars and take as many risks with their own vehicle as they want, as long as they're not endangering others, which he wouldn't be by using it on a track, lol

• Like 1