Fg n/a to turbo conversion

Joenash85

• Member For: 3y 7m 16d

Yeah, most of it is under the car, chances are that I'll probably be cleaning it up in the near future due to other upgrades coming

10 hours ago, k31th said:

Looks like a quality solution to weld on a fitting like that :) good work

I honestly wanted to do this at the beginning of my build, but I thought it was going to cost a lot more than it actually did cost me, ah well, the joys of ignorance

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 1y 2m 28d

What fuel you guys go for? Tuned for which fuel

Curious as everyone always talks about using e10 and crap. Never hear people talk about using 95 or 98.

I only use 95 or 98 in my n/a fg it's only 5 speed but doesn't seem to like 91 and I don't dare use corn juice e10. Yeah the comfortable gear changes in a 5 speed are enough to agitate my whiplash injury that's for sure. 

• Member For: 3y 7m 16d

Generally speaking, turbos should run on minimum 98, e85 runs cooler and get higher figures, however, to get your car tuned to e85, you need both the pump and injectors to suit e85, with my setup, 300kw on 98, would get like 350kw on e85, but that would be a good $1000 to convert to e85, 91 is pretty much the lowest octane rating a car can run at, e10 is 91 with I believe upto 10% ethanol, neither I would recommend running with turbo, but, that's me.