Mid 300s touring car

FGeorge

• Member For: 2y 9m 26d

My vision for my FG is to have 300+ KW on a set up that handles well on wide open corners. I know it won't be a WRX on train tracks but I imagine that we can get it handling well, especially on those big country roads that have nice long corners, rather than quick hairpins that are not good for heavy cars.

So, has anyone been able to build a good set up to get the most handling out of these cars?

Any favourite roads you guys have to take a nice spirited drive? Any good high speed race tracks suited to the falcon?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Sort of build thread for mine here going from stock to what I'm happy with now

Heaps of interstate touring, track days (Sandown and Phillip Island) and daily driving.

Shockworks coil overs and upgraded brakes (no need to go as far as I did with the brakes) definitely worth every dollar spent regarding the handling and stopping.

We're doing (hopefully) the snowies later this year - fantastic roads

We try to do Tassie semi regularly too - my favorite

• Member For: 2y 9m 26d

awesome, I'll get into those too - I love driving a car that holds it's line well, even if it is heavy. Any car pushed correctly can be a hell of a lot of fun - don't need to keep up with a miata aroudn a corner to enjoy the falcon...

are coilovers something ok to diy with youtube or is it best to take it to a shop? I figure camber is best left to the experts. Thoughts?

• Member For: 3y 1m 3d

Nah if your confident/competent you can do em yourself plus the guys from shockworks are really good and will advise you if you need it (within reason of course)... just get a good alignment done afterwards