Turbo noise??

jas98

• Member For: 11y 8m 26d

Ok have ba xr6t has developed this sound but today it's worse.

Started off as a one off noose and went away. Last few days it's been there on and off but now it's there most time but not always.

Weired this is....when driveing and coasting you can hear it however if I tough accelerator ever so slightly it disapears but take foot off (and I mean only slightly) goes away.

Boosting there's zero noise...boost fine no issues there.

I have taken belt off and removed fans and noise still there. Turbo has a little shaft play....has always over the years....fins look good.

Factory Oil screen was removed years ago. 

Does it sound turbo? Maybe a boost leak? Just to me if turbo would and should it not make a huge noise when under boost?? 

This is the noise (my car)

Thanks all. Went out and started it from cold and no noise untill about 2 min of idleing. Then noose came in...then when ac clutch tuned on noise dissapears till AC clutch turned off....however as said it done this noise even when belt was off and fans out of car.

I put it into reverse and noose dissapears this time. Noose was there in park neutral and also drive. 

Now I'm.wondering if it's gearbox...maybe bearing in it gone or convertor bearing 😂

Fixed ...!!!

Was the PCV valve hose.....it was sucking inwards as it was all soft. Would never have thought it would be that but I seen a similar noose on YouTube from a different car.

Cheers all

• Like 1