2009 xr6 turbo

R ichard

• Member For: 3y 1m 3d

Yea 100 would be better as it has a higher knock threshold... if you can get it all the time with no issues then yea tune it on 100....

here in OZ no one makes a 100 anymore so a lot of us don't really have any experience with it, it's either 98 or e85 and the e85 has gotten super expensive now...

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

you can do your own mix easily enough if you're willing to go to both an E85 and 98 pumps to make a 98 with 10% ethanol blend which is what the P100 generally is/was.

100% you can but man you've gotta be bothered....

back when my falcon was my daily I used to run e85 all the time now with the cost of it if it was still my daily I'd be back on 98,, I'm very grateful United still supply a pump e85 but tbh I'm super surprised they still do 

Edited by TRYME

• Member For: 3y 27d

Those headers are for a NA 6 cylinder not

For a turbo, stock turbo manifold is fine up to like 500kw....that first system you put the link up for is fine for what you wanna do.. if you want it abit quieter/less drony keep

the 4inch dump and get a 3.5 inch catback instead of 4inch...

If there is a good custom

exhaust shop near you get them to quote you up on making a custom system if it's not to much more your better of going that route... the xforce isn't real bad but the quality isn't great either 

Edited by TRYME

Tbh IMO it wouldn't look terrible, but I think that vented bonnet look is more suited to the FPV front end not so much a series 1 FG XR due to the headlight shape... but in saying that looks are subjective if you like it and think it's good value for money go for it....

The 3.5 is abit quieter and will flow plenty of power.. but if your having trouble finding a 3.5 in NZ or cbf for the hassle just go the 4 inch,, just make sure you don't buy those headers there not for your car :) 

Edited by TRYME