Btr transmission hard lines

St33nXR

• Member For: 8y 8m 24d

I've always put an external cooler on all of my ba - fg falcons with flexible telfon coated high pressure lines and never had a drama, I've got mine from eBay and always been good and I have 2 in use now, one for my BTR and the other for my remote twin turbo oil cooler in the boot of my BA XR8 and both have thermo fans running as well. Hope this helps 57d4e10fae2798d29f3bf5f4f5b7579a.jpg

Hi Jet,
It's just something to keep me occupied while I was in Covid lockdown for the government decided in their infinite wisdom to suspend my licence for 10 months for not paying tolls which are wrong in the first place so I decided to do it. It's 2 X 3576 Garrett's rear mounted in the boot for it was easier to do so and not worry about water, dust and the like stuffing them up. I have a 3ltr oil tank with cooler and thermo as pictured with a scavenger pump and a Bosch 44 pressure pump intake basically but I have to sort a tune out via HP Tuners software to get it running. I have the credits but never tuned before and I wouldn't mind some help or Answer my questions regarding the tune. It took me roughly 12 months to complete to this level with Centrelink and some pokie wins to fund the build. Motor is a stock BA XR8 260 with 1000cc injectors, 2 bar map sensor and 460 pump. Hear is some more photos and car is in Brisbane. The exhaust sits too low and I'm looking for a twin system from the flanges back of the extractors to the rear so I can go over the diff hopefully in 2 inch to increase air flow so the cops don't pester me lol and a BF GT front bar 36781f8539f2ea1d08b8a336f0a9c409.jpgec7776f852af60806c6650657f36337e.jpgbcc6ad3799e5c8e65b136e804f2beedb.jpg0502f9944f033eccc3445c7fa7c10485.jpgecf477eaa6dcf3ed2463d25c7113ae4d.jpg

Cheers but the exhaust is a ruffy that will be replaced with a new one and it's still getting sorted out with everything for I haven't even started it as yet. Worked away for 6 months, car was at ex gf and had to be moved quickly. The final result will be a lot better in finish and mounting as well. Thanks for your feedback though, much appreciated.

• Member For: 3y 7m 24d

allan stole this thread lmao. What a crazy build though, wow.

Also in regards to this thread, I've done the same thing. Ruined my OEM tranny hard lines when trying to undo them. I ended up twisting the line as I was un-doing the nut and now they're not usable.

I bent these hardlines as well removing the engine a while back so it was due for a fix anyways.

What I've done is bought a oil cooler kit that comes with hose, brackets and bolts etc and mounted the cooler to the front just behind the intercooler (It's a tiny cooler so fits snug).

I've cut the damaged hard lines to nearly at the entry point of the transmission with a portable grinder and used hose clamps with some hose to the oil cooler.

Probably not the best solution, but it worked for me.