400kw Ute Traction/Tyres

VDSY

• Member For: 3y 4m 9d

I ended up with a 295/35/18 on a 10.5 wide rim and fits perfect no stretch at all really, but could only find in a kinforest kf550 tire still good for a decent enough price for a 295 😂

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
26 minutes ago, VDSY said:

kinforest kf550

26 minutes ago, VDSY said:

295/35/18

Trade price for those tyres is $89 per tyre. I'd be looking elsewhere for a set cos $295 per tyre is a ripoff.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d
On 01/02/2022 at 10:22 AM, biddie_fiddler said:

This is why I stick with cheap rear tyres. I've done the "get expensive tyres because grip" thing before... But I ended up being just as reckless with them as the cheap ones, just took a bit more foot brake to light them up 🤣

I will never be able to justify the $400+ a piece or whatever the fk the price is on good tyres. I'ma stick to my fk510's on the front and the cheapies on the back 🤣

I don't disagree- but now my car is only the odd weekend cruiser- insured for only 3000km a year max so I wont be replacing tooooo often, I don't mind forking out for top end tyres. Also never been one to light it up just for fun- only loss of traction is from hard acceleration- I'm not a foot-on-brake-and-go pedal type.... :launch:

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Its 100% a personal preference thing hey. I love going fast and racing people on the freeway - something that would highly benefit from good tyres.

But I'm still way too immature to ignore my frequent urges to lay a set 🤣 

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

I have tried a fair few tyres in my day and highly rate the Toyo R888's, they held over 450kws in 2nd gear.

Tyres were 295/30/19 and car was on e70 at just under 480 rwkws

I now have the car on 98 and am right on the 400kw mark running Zestino 295/30/19 Gredge 07R (not the S)

This would be the best tyre I have ever used, it holds 2nd gear no problem and they are half the price of the Toyo's

Anybody looking for grip at a decent price should look at these.

They also have an RS version which is rated at a lower treadwear rating so should be better again.

• Like 2