400kw Ute Traction/Tyres

VDSY

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

Looks good mate 

Something punters might not know is the fact M/T’s are better with temperatures hence being a killer street/drag tyre. They can sub 1.4 in the 60ft but when I used to run them as a daily tyre they’re a bit average cold. They shine best with 20psi, 1,2,3 burnout coming out the water box then it’s like Chit to a blanket from the launch. 

aKlYske.jpg

UVjaiRt.jpg

04zEcZy.jpg

That said if you’re going a track minded tyre it’s best to step up to something better like a M&H but then never intend on using them on the street 

For a street vehicle with bigger power you’ll always get better tractability from a low wear rating tyre like Michelin PS4’s, Bridgestone RE03’s for that best hook when rolling on and next to no temperature from daily duties ;) 

g65FS3v.jpg

elZkDTM.jpg

#JustSayn

• Like 3

• Member For: 3y 5m 6d

So.. im defs buying a Tailshaft, need it for the peace of mind haha

I guess, gj drivelines or hardy spicer for manual ute? Most of them are two pieces, is that the go?

Seen a carbon fibre write up but not many shops do them besides the ones in the states.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

the stock one is two piece so that'd be why most are like that... those companies are both reputable and will definitely get the job done...

• 6 months later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 6d
On 05/05/2021 at 8:07 AM, TRYME said:

Pilot 4S or supersports there awesome tyres and the best on the market in my opinion without going Semi slicks, Sport cup 2s on the back with 4S or supersport up front like suggested earlier is also an idea..... only issue with the Michelin's is the cost and they wear very quickly with 400rwkw youl need a nice tyre budget, if you drive spiritedly every 8-10k youl need new rears... Oh and also in my experience the last 20% worth of tread on the Michelin's is useless once there 80% worn it's time for a new set... There OEM tyre for my merc and have noticed the same on that a C63s makes 315-320 stock and the last 20% of the tyres life it's skate city 

Spot on. 400+rwkw on my ute with the Michie Pilot Sports. 1st gear is on wastegate spring, but 2nd and up is all in. They hold on very well. Worth it if you want power and traction. Gotta pay to play. 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d
On 27/1/2022 at 9:56 AM, al10s said:

hey, jeturbo could you let us know the wheel specs on the top pic. The drag lookin setup, sits mad.

Hey mate

They’re “Billet Specialties” in 17*X10* with 6.5* back space and 5x114.3 stud pattern 

The Tyres are M/T’s Street R with 315/50/17 

Fronts are again “Billet Specialties” in 17*x4.5 2.25 backspace fronts

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

I have 275 Michelin pilot sport 4s' on a ba sedan: as good as any street tyre as far as I could tell. But still light up easily... 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d

This is why I stick with cheap rear tyres. I've done the "get expensive tyres because grip" thing before... But I ended up being just as reckless with them as the cheap ones, just took a bit more foot brake to light them up 🤣

I will never be able to justify the $400+ a piece or whatever the fk the price is on good tyres. I'ma stick to my fk510's on the front and the cheapies on the back 🤣