400kw Ute Traction/Tyres

VDSY

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

you could get some good year asymetrics 5s 

I was around 500 kw mark in my ute on 20s, and havent had traction since stock so never really cared much. 

its a 1950's rear end so semis are the closet thing to grip unfortunately that will work. 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

Launches are the worst. But grippy tyres put more stress on driveline.

Nothing really grips in colder weather. Need those hot summer nights where the tarmac glues semi-slicks down.

• Member For: 3y 1m 4d

Real grippy tyres and a stock driveline where for example your going between 60-90kph and you go hard throttle and it snaps back a couple of gears and suddenly your flying forward----- that type of driving on a stock driveline with a proper 400rwkw and your going to wear stuff out...... but as previously mentioned it's the launches where tailshafts twist up like a coke can 

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

no one with 400kw and semi slicks drives 'normal' 

if auto and you let the auto kick down etc you can eventually lunch your input shaft. 

tail shaft/input shaft when launching will let go eventually. 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
11 minutes ago, bossmang said:

if auto and you let the auto kick down etc you can eventually lunch your input shaft. 

I've heard this theory and for no other reason than it might be true, I've subscribed to it and don't let my rig kick down ever. I also don't let it hit the driveline hard on decel from accel if I can help it.

• Member For: 3y 4m 10d
On 12/05/2021 at 6:11 AM, TRYME said:

Real grippy tyres and a stock driveline where for example your going between 60-90kph and you go hard throttle and it snaps back a couple of gears and suddenly your flying forward----- that type of driving on a stock driveline with a proper 400rwkw and your going to wear stuff out...... but as previously mentioned it's the launches where tailshafts twist up like a coke can 

lucky mines manual so should be sweet without launches ? jus trying to eliminate power skidding 2nd and 3rd and actually get some traction..