Dual Zone A/C control issue

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d

There are two mixers shafts, one for passenger side and one for drivers side. Passenger side can be replaced without dash removal (with some hassle as you can see), driver's side is a dash out job. 

Your issue could be because of shaft, it could also be the HIM itself, like a stripped gear inside it. Could be the flaps too. In any case, most of these issues are a dash out job. You'll need to download the workshop manual and go through the troubleshooting tables to narrow down the issue you're having. 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d

There is a "workshop manual" thread on the forum but it's a little tedious to find replies with up to date links. 

In any case, here is Mk1 FG workshop manuals. Mk2 should be similar enough, if not identical

Edited by biddie_fiddler

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 4y 1m 16d

Ford can do a touch point recalibration after you have found the problem, alot of cars have ongoing problems because their local Ford dealer and the owner dont know this, they replace the parts and expect it to be good for 20 years, the flaps/blend doors that the mixer shafts go through break also, it's a seats, hand brake leaver, center console, icc, drop steering column then dash out job

I posted up photos when I did mine, you'll need to join this group, 

Friend me on FB, PM me ill help you out if you get stuck,

https://m.facebook.com/groups/clubfgaus/permalink/2815036938792346/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Edited by Kris limmer