Dual Zone A/C control issue

biddie_fiddler

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 1m 25d

I have no experience with the headunit so it could be that but I really dunno...but in a former life I was an AC and refrigeration engineer well technically still am but work in a different field now... anyways I've fixed 2 falcon Utes (they were in the company fleet) with the same issue both were the HIM it's not a hard job but it's time consuming,,, if you were in Sydney I would of said bottle of Johnny blue and supply the parts and I would of Fixed it for you... 

Shame on the head unit going out, you never know it really could be related make sure to check that out if you can 

Edited by TRYME

• 3 weeks later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d

So to revive this thread!

I replaced the passenger's side mixer shaft (called the airmix shaft in the workshop manuals). Old one was totally f*cked!

I saw some plastic bushing inside the mixer box was pretty rooted too but there's nothing I can do about that without taking the mixer box out.... and that ain't happening.

I now have working heating!!!!!

hAGwZ6A.jpg

Had a guy message me via my photography fb page (Brendan you legend), who gave me a yt link on how to do this without removing the entire dash. Once I took the kick panel off and could see the HIM, I could already see the cooked shaft which was good. That alone from ford was going to cost $150 (just for the inspection).

Paid $129 from Nuford for a new mixer shaft, ordered yesterday and came in this morning.

I've still got to reinstall the glove box and its mount back to the car, and I'll be taking some assembly photos to do a quick writeup on how to replace the passenger side shaft. Drivers side will sadly need the dash to be removed first as I've heard. 

For now, here is the yt video, I followed this and it really helped. Doesn't show how to remove the HIM itself but the workshop does. Keep an eye out on this thread for the crappy writeup  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0vSG3u2M8o

• Like 2