My other project

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

yer I know but everytime you make a comment, gets old

im not a ford snob and enjoy all brands. 

so let me enjoy this thread otherwise I will ban you

• Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

I'm not a ford snob either, but I know the VN was an amazingly oversold heap of junk in many mechanical respects... so if someone is going to spend thousands restoring one, they'll have to be a massive fan to the contrary to their original quality, at a minimum, and I see no harm in pointing that out.

You can also enjoy threads without reading what others post in response, you know ;)

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
9 minutes ago, k31th said:

You can also enjoy threads without reading what others post in response

That like saying you can enjoy a root even though the hooker is a 90yo toothless man from brazil :stirthepot:

• Haha 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d
On 13/06/2021 at 6:03 PM, k31th said:

I'm not a ford snob either, but I know the VN was an amazingly oversold heap of junk in many mechanical respects... so if someone is going to spend thousands restoring one, they'll have to be a massive fan to the contrary to their original quality, at a minimum, and I see no harm in pointing that out.

You can also enjoy threads without reading what others post in response, you know ;)

To me, it's an investment. The costs to build the car is very reasonable. I will more than likely double my money in the next 12 months.  Besides that, it's a tough streeter. What's not to like?

While were on subject of the driveline. I managed to get a hold of Daniel Reid from Reidspeed. He had previously manufactured a few serpentine kits to suit the 2400 Whipple on a Expensive Daewoo V8.

Daniel stated that he wasn't making any more, but had the original proof of concept kit that he developed. Indications suggest that it will work with my blower. It should look something like this.  Fingers crossed...

skPxFGa.png

The new alternator and power steering pump arrived the other day. Can't wait to see it all on the engine.

31RgQrP.jpg

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Totally Agree these days, The build is one thing but the valve attached to these sought after vehicles is almost making it a no brainier especially if you enjoy the process and then the final result of an amazing street vehicle ! 

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

The build was also a means to an end.

My ex poisoned my girl's brain and I've had  zero access for the over 18 months. The build kept me busy, focused and broke all at once.. 😄 

This build (to date) has been exceptional in every regard. The flow of trades and just steer good luck with all aspects has been uncanny. It's like this was meant to be. Let me explain...

A very short time after purchasing the short engine and heads. I came across a new ZF S6-40 manual transmission. The same gearbox shared between the C4 Corvette and the VN Group A. Bloody beaut bit of kit, but there was a small issue that I had overlooked. The shifter on this unit just so happens to be built for a Corvette, as the shifter is offset 37 mm to the left.  Not good.... Those Grp A  Mofo's are like rocking horse sh*t. Search failed...

407M9Td.jpg

BusaQmn.jpg

T0u3Rw0.jpg

Not one for giving up,I trawled the net and managed to establish that a European turbocharged sedan (Lotus Carlton) shared the same box and shifter. Anyway, I found a pick on the net of a shifter and investigated its source. It turned out to be some exhaust shop in Wales. Turns out the guy was the President of the local Carlton car club. I managed to source a new old stock shifter, and an additional low Km used unit  for $1,300.  I couldn't believe my luck. But I wasn't holding my breath on them actually arriving. Sure enough.. Bam! shifters arrive. but it didn't stop there...

ydQ0a7w.jpg

Now I had two of the three parts that I needed to make this box fit. Next part required - bellhousing. Lo and behold, a new old stock VN group A bellhousing pops up in one of my searchers. I'm like WTF !!!! sh*t like this never happens to me. 

praBlwN.jpg

66Bvmkw.jpg

EO6T4dQ.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...