My other project

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

Before I could start assembling the car, I had to finish the body. I spent a lot of time on the body, making sure that everything was as good as it could be. The results speaks for itself...

After the white was applied, the firewall blackout was finalised..

JzzwtKP.jpg

HiVDkcK.jpg

vDZGPgG.jpg

jK0rCd5.jpg

sIParM9.jpg

kDmiQUE.jpg

vLd9L5c.jpg

RzIIMXe.jpg

• Like 2

Somewhere around this time, I started purchasing parts for the driveline. Now, remember when I said that this was going to be a restoration... This is where things started to change from the intended path.

Originally, I had intended on just installing a stroker kit. My engine told me that I would waste my money going down that path, as the standard manifold wouldn't support it to its full potential.  I'm not one to waste money. So the original engine and gearbox were put on a pallet and stored.  The search for an alternative heart commenced.

While searching the net I can across this. I contacted the seller and soon enough, the engine was on its way from W.A. It's a SS Group A, 4 bolt mains block. It had Yella Terra forged rods and Ross forged pistons. The block has fire rings and was set up for boost.

The engine was originally built by Mark's Workshop in W.A and stored as the previous owner had changed direction. The engine is still awaiting a full strip down, clean and reassembly. I have everything for the engine except a camshaft (Hydraulic roller). Sourcing a billet for the engine has proved difficult and we have aske Ivan Tighe to make us a unit to our specifications.

iGBtQnp.jpg

2uvPIKB.jpg

a1bg4BF.jpg

DDJtWaZ.jpg

fpJ9jM8.jpg

img%5D

MXRgLl8.jpg

Oops. Forgot to show the inside of the doors... 

H4R1aAp.jpg

RIsj78l.jpg

uYNw2m3.jpg

q8K5ebn.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 3

Thanks Puff. I can understand why so many divorces result from car builds. The time involved is immense. Let alone the financial commitment.

Once I got the engine, I wanted to keep the Grp A theme running... I sourced a set of bare Grp a heads. Unbeknown to me, the heads had a LOT of material removed form the sealing surface. So much so that we had to get a 0.120" head gasket. The heads had received some major porting work and flowed around 640 hp. 

I had the heads fully reconditioned, with new Manley valves, Isky and Lunati springs along with genuine Grp A roller rockers.

jLGdchT.jpg

8mFTeBs.jpg

8OedxCF.jpg

8watTKS.jpg

cZFaDPy.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 2