My other project

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

A few members have shown some interest in one of my other projects and Have asked me to post some pics of it's progress. Now, I know that it's not a Ford. But I hope that you appreciate it anyway.

Here goes..

I purchased this tired old girl just in December 2019. I'd had during me 20's and unfortunately it was stolen and burnt out. I really loved the car and I decided to bring this old girl back to life..

The car was purchased for Emerald in Queensland. She was really rough, but she was all there. Engine and box were in an unknown condition, so I got it for a reasonable price. 

CQobNK4.jpg

Unbeknown to me, some time around three months before Hol-den went to the VP model. Hol-den trialed the VP colour (Alaskan White) on some vehicles.  This makes it pretty rare. 

I had a bit of time off around this time, so I start to strip the old girl. 

Remember when I said that it was rough.... LOL

And I kind of got a bit carried away...

It ended up being completely stripped and a rotisserie installed.

XRCUS6d.jpg

2KLLKhc.jpg

EkTplPd.jpg

Xn4LKhe.jpg

xBRAbxB.jpg

• Like 5

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
8 hours ago, HI PSI said:

really rough

that's an understatement :)

looks like a lot of work... as long as a Barra goes it in, it'll be great :stirthepot:

moved this thread to ... "frankensteins" seems appropriate.

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Thank you for all for the kind words. It is appreciated. I'll try to keep this as interesting as possible.

This build started as a complete restoration. Nothing was to be modified. At all!! As it come off the production line.. No if's, Not but's... To be honest, that theme kinda got a little lost on its journey. 

This is where to real story begins.

Once on the rotisserie, I arranged top get the engine bay and undercarriage soda blasted. Expensive, but money well spent. the prep time saved here is phenomenal.

Sunday the car was blasted. Monday, the car was irrigated, washed and dried. Tuesday all blasted areas were primed. Thursday the undercarriage and bay was in colour. wow that sounds so easy sounds so easy, when you say it all in a short sentence. All prep on this car is my own work. My paint guy (Craig) applied the colour. The guy is awesome!!!!

xlJWQMG.jpg

RT4szYO.jpg

IPYExHM.jpg

• Like 4