Help!!!😂

ToddyG6E

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 26d

Gday fellas quick question as I have a problem and need to sort it ASAP. So have a 2010 G6E turbo and have the 8 inch kayhan units in it. Currently need to get the unit out, which is fairly straight forward......BUT, how do u get the main wiring harness off? Have tried pulling, pushing, wiggling, nothing bloody works. In me shed now and need this bastard out!!! So it’s the big white rectangle main harness clip. With factory unit they just slide out, but this aftermarket wiring unit is frigging stuck in good. Am I missing some hidden clips or something? Tried kayhan themselves for advice, but they will not help you with anything unless u can quote them your invoice number immediately, which I don’t have on me. Cheers for any help fellas, and I hope it’s just a quick and easy solution and I’ve completely missed it👍👍

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d

I can't recall from mine (aren't about to pull out the dash to take a look - sorry) but has it got a "lock" on the harness you need to push in to release it, similar to the one below?

custom-wiring-harness.jpg

• Donating Members

Yeah my factory one slides in and out no worries, but the pictures clip is the kayhan units main plug that replaces the factory one and she is def not just gonna pull out. Been at it that hard that the bloody firewall is nearly coming with it😂

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Refer to the kayhan install guide on how to install the unit, then just do the opposite 😊

if I recall correctly, there is a clip/lock of some description that holds that in place. 

May I ask why you’re removing it?

• Donating Members

Yeah mate there instructions are sh*thouse to say the least!!!! And customer support, what’s that!!! U gotta have invoice and Id to read out to them everytime u ask a question. Even using there app on Facebook to write to them, u have to screenshot all this bullsh*t before they answer anything!!! Anyway rant over😂 yeah mate to answer your question, when I installed it originally I didn’t have the correct cables to hook up my factory reverse camera, so I put it in without. But have had the cables for a while now and just thought bugger it I’ll get it done as it is handy to have on the big barge. But it’s turned into a sh*t fight. Just reinstalled it today without the bloody camera hooked up again. I’ll never buy off kayhan again though!!! 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

I guess I'll be the one on the forums to back the PRODUCT, however not the company.

I have a unit in my mk1 FG. Been into car audio for a long time, and for these FGs it was the only drop in item that gave me RCA low level outputs for my amps.

While the instructions are crap - its intended to be installed by proffesionals, not by hobbyists hence the constant bitching about the install process. It wasn't hard at all imho, but I've installed plenty of head units in the past. 

Not to say their instructions don't suck - cause they're pretty average. I didn't struggle though, with a bit of time and common sense it was an easy job. 

Back to your issue though @ToddyG6E, the instructions I was referring to is their youtube videos that show you how the plug in the main connecter. Skip to about the 4:20 mark (blaze it... sorry, couldn't help myself) to see how its plugged in, it'll give you a solid idea on how to remove it.

Finally, cable connectors are never meant to be forced, if you're yanking on the cables you're going to break it and you'll blame them for this. Its what others have done in the past and is honestly not fair on Kayhan.

They have a very particular way they are plugged in/out. If done right it shouldn't cause you any drama at all 🙂

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

good post @biddie_fiddler  :clapping:

it looks like in their video that you should never remove that plug... so it looks like you should just undo the plugs at the other end, imho, because they have tabs that'll unlock 'em and they'll slide right out.