Boost

LeeT

• Member For: 3y 1m 14d

Hi ,I'll do my best to explain. Just got my xr6t ute back from the shop . The car was sitting for two years with a spun bearing so they put a FG crankshaft and bearings and new timing chain and a copy turbo. Stationery will rev past 6k but in gear it won go past 3900 . One I had run it in I put it in sequential in 1st and took it to 5500 boosted well. Then I found a box that had been disconnected turned out to be a electronic shift kit so I hooked it back up . Car wouldn't start so I removed it and car started That's when this issue started . Now P and R flash and no sequential and no rev past 3900 but still revs past 6 in neutral. No codes on the OBD  . I  disconnected the battery for 30min and now I'm looking for a little help. I haven't had it tuned Cheers

Edited by LeeT
Extra information

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

a shift kit? as in a set of solenoids and relevant control for the gearbox? I assume you got one for your BTR gearbox to help it shift faster/harder?

the 3900 limit sounds like something the shop put in to prevent you hammering the car in it's run-in period... did the car see the shop between your run-in period and the "took it to 5500" stage? If so, I'd be taking it back to them and getting them to look at it...

• Member For: 3y 1m 14d

Thanks k31th, I've sorted it as far as the flashing PNR light goes just had a look under the car and checked the electronic communications and the round one was loose. So I popped it back in and alls good . Now I'm going to put some fuel in it and take it for a spin . Wish me luck. I don't know what the car performed like before I got it the motor was in pieces and the trans was in the tub.But I have a little OCD when it comes to fixings things and that's a good thing 😊

Yeah a electronic shift kit . I have now removed it completely from the car as I understand that when I get it tuned the tuner can make adjustments