FG Style Inlet manifolds

Big Unit

• Member For: 3y 4d

Thanks for the input mate.

This why I put up the pics... At sub $1000 there was lots of interest but I've had 6 quotes so far and it isn't viable at that figure. I've learnt along the way there are lots of talkers but if I have to put in a min order of 50 I need to know if there's a market. 

Cheers

Andrew

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 18d

Looks good mate, props for innovation and initiative. I think the only way you could make it viable is if you get them produced in Mexico for the emerging US barra market. Would still be difficult to compete with Plazmaman 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

Hey mate

Great stuff and definitely feel the metaphoric room as there’s a few things going on in the background you might not know about. 

Atomic Performance already had these manifolds for sale with exact same flow issues/gains addressed which sold like hot cakes. A new run of production is already underway ( I believe ) and basically at the same price point. 

Ford unit’s are currently on back order for stock only sales but available with vin information for C.O.R situations which I’ve been selling on to specific customers where needed. 

Also know of one other punter about to finish his CAD design to do basically the same again. 

Just thought it might be good to know what’s coming especially if you’re about to outlay big coins for a minimum run order as I would love to know something like this if it was me doing the same :) 

Just here to help mate :) 

• Member For: 3y 4d

Thanks JETURBO and tom tucker

My journey started with me trying to buy units from Ford with specific VINs without any result since last March as they have no stock left. Then I tried to buy second hand at the $600 figure the then in stock Ford units were selling for. Every wrecker quoted me $1100 then when I said yes there were none in stock. Hence the journey down the rabbit hole. I looked at China for supply but couldn't get quality guarantees it wasn't a go. And to be fair I haven't looked in Mexico.

I have no doubt I'm not the only one to have put money into a design at this point but was more looking for a reference point as to who would look at this if it were priced right. And as this has taken more than twelve months to work through the design then various quotes again I'm sure there will be others in the same market if they think it's viable.

Cheers

Andrew