FG Style Inlet manifolds

Big Unit

• Member For: 3y 6d

Hi.

Last year I went looking for an FG turbo inlet manifold for a conversion my son and I are doing. We spent weeks looking as they are hard to find in NSW. From there we have scanned a unit loaned to us and designed a model with a few changes.

We've corrected the airflow issues on cylinders 1 and 6.

The intake will accept BA and FG throttle bodies.

This manifold will bolt on to a BA engine with the factory water pipes.

The vac sources are 1/8 NPT threaded block off's 

At this point I am about to start production with a foundry and I'm trying to gauge the general interest in a product like this. If anyone can point out how I put a picture up let me know and I'll put the basic plan up.

Cheers

Andrew

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

just to let you know, you're right near the line of advertising here with regard to the the advertising guidelines on this forum, especially if you ever decide to make a profit off these and/or advertise/sell a product like that here. If you'd like to know the details about advertising on this forum, submit a request here.

With regard to pictures you can follow the instructions here ->

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/

Hi k31th.

New to this.

I was trying to gauge a response more than advertising at this point. Both from a demand and peoples thought's on what we've done in regards to the model. I don't have a brand name or part number at this point. If I get it up and running I would need to advertise the product but it's not there yet.

I'm happy to wait for a response before I will put up the pictures as I don't want to cause any issues.

Cheers

Andrew

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

as you're prototyping, we don't mind you putting ideas up here as in imagery and descriptions... so go ahead and post them if you want to.

We flow tested the original manifold and found it flowed less, around 8% on the end cylinders. We adjusted the intakes and retested them on the CAD.  We are just waiting now for a final quote but at this point it'll be around the $1200 figure.

Sorry each unit will come with testing at 80 psi for a period of 10 minutes. 

• Like 1