Aeroflow 7075 on Barra, interested in peoples experience with this turbo or equivalent, power, rpm range, lag etc

01txr

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

Yeah I wonder too why no t4, a lot of their stuff on the g35 talked about how it was all fully redesigned to be the best they could be, dunno if that means vband was better or something.

I have wondered though if a gtx gen 2 is that good and these are even better at this 500rwkw+ level it’s definitely borderline for doing in engines depending on the tuning and then more expensive again if u should be going a built motor.

But if they did come out with t4 I’m sure we’d start seeing more ppl put one on and surely they’d come down in price, maybe even with the big $$$ ppl are paying just to get into a barra these days there will be more mega builds.

Ive wondered if aftermarket would come to the rescue. It is interesting pulsar are now doing g35s in fact I just found this, I wonder if this is an options?

https://fafauto.com/products/pulsar-g35-t4-0-82a-r-turbine-housing get one of these and a genuinse g35 supercore

• Member For: 3y 1m 3d

Tbh my opinion is standard engines might be ok at 500 if boost is ramped in slowly and your not thrashing the car all the time but a car that is getting boost into it all the time and wearing fat sticky tyres 500+ Is built engine territory no questions asked.

heaps of people say oh I've had 500kws

for 100kays no issues but how many of these Klms have been at WOT or close to it?? 

IMO and my tuners opinion (highly regarded Sydney tuner) is that

G series turbos mean a built engine on a Barra you can't take full advantage of them with a standard engine and when you factor in the cost of setting one up on a Barra,,if you don't want to build and engine a gtx is the way to go purely for price...

im in the process of building an engine only want 500-550kw but I want to race the car and be able to use it properly without fear of Rodney appearing.. and im

tossing up between sticking to a gen 2 gtx on a standard manifold or going a G35.....

tbh I'm tempted to just try pulsars g35 people are rating em as a good thing

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 26d

Not for 550kw, IMO. 

You can maintain stock heat shields and have it nice and neat with stock manifold.

But like I said, for me, I hate internal gates. The external gate mods to stock manifold end up costing as much as just buying a 6boost, if you can find someone decent to do it. And I also don't rate the response for a manual car with GTX3582. I think I can do better, but it requires coin that most wouldn't consider worth it. There is probably 10% benefit for 200% cost... which is totally worth it if you're a perfectionist haha

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

To be honest I have to stop reading these threads lol. I don’t need more power for what I do, 409rwkw on e85 with a gen 1 gtx3576 and regular track days. Car needs grip not power and the cost doesn’t make sense I should be spending money on tyres. I’m already doing nearly 250kmh at eastern creek which is plenty fasts. Butttt something newer and better and u get used to the power especially giving it a boot on the way home from work.

I just know I’ve got a bit of work needed and so it’s like well should I do a power upgrade at the same time, pretty sure my engines gonna have to come out it’s leaking front and rear, I should do a surge tank and then that’s a retune so might as well get a pcmtech tune and then well no power increase much really for all that money. But a built engine and g35 is stupid money extra.

Anyway I’ll keep dreaming, watch u guys get g35s and hope they come down in price and get t4 added.

• Like 1

Hahaha yea that's my issue I'm abit of a perfectionist and I'd love an external gate, but don't love the costs involved with it hahaha 😂😂,, I shall see what I decide and keep you posted haha, have you gone high mount and put in a metal overflow tank ?  Or Gone low mount? With low mount would a dump pipe suited to factory manifold bolt up or no? 

Haha bullet I'm in same spot mate, my transmission needs a rebuild and while doing it I want a stronger engine so I can belt it hard, tbh my gen 1 gtx3582 makes 500on E85 like should I really buy a new turbo for 50kw more Hahaha sounds stupid when I put logic to it....but like you reading threads gets me Geed up and I'm like hmmm All that money but no extra power I should get more power if im spending money haha with cars when you love them logic goes out the window 😂...

and when you factor in cost a 6 boost, turbo smart ext gate, g35 ,, metal water tank( as high mount 6 boosts create heaps of heat issues low mount is probably a lot better idk) a new dump pipe to suit the 6 boost etc  abit of labour on top of that and suddenly 

it's like 7k just to strap the snail up to the motor haha 

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

What would be great is if I could bolt the g35-1050 straight in place of the to4z.

But, ill just off load my complete to4z setup to recoup some of my out lay.

Wife is not happy, even after Im telling her I have all the orher bits to sell to recoup some of the out lay.

Have new aeroflow twin pump with teflon braided lines and fittings for rear mount custom setup.

But talked wife into letting me get the process west twin internal pump billet setup.

So not in good books atm.

Cant holiday anywhere atm anyway with all this covid bs restrictions anyway.

Seeing so much good gear available now, so tempted on adding to build.

Eg. Roller rockers, complete billet oil pump etc.

Have pro drag mags, 20x10, 20x8.5 and 17x8.5.

Continental on the 20's for street, will be fun not trying to wear them out too quick.

Havnt decided on the rear 17x8.5 for drag yet.

Will get other rims and tyres for circuit fun.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 26d

@TRYME high mount with metal overflow. Low mount 6 boost is pretty unusual. I'm not sure if you can get it made in vband, they're made T3 by default. And wait times on 6 boost are already long enough for regular line items

@01txr review Jet's recommendation for fuel system. Deviation is a proven own goal

@Bulletime do it. You know you want to haha

• Like 1

@01txr I've heard that the process west internal surge tank isn't ideal make sure you do look into it more and check out jets recommendations

tom oh thanks for the info I Thought they were popular as I've seen a few cars with them but thanks for letting me know :) 

with the high mount will bonnet paint cook?