Aeroflow 7075 on Barra, interested in peoples experience with this turbo or equivalent, power, rpm range, lag etc

01txr

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

I think big auto converters can get some of those big turbos moving much earlier than a manual, and stuff like antilag is becoming more common.

And yep, flow above 500-550kw is compromised. I think even forged pistons break ring lands or melt

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
57 minutes ago, TRYME said:

why people like these cars with the large frame turbos e.g. gtx 42 and larger

I've got awd so it means I actually get moving instead of smoking it up. I've had 600awkw dead hook in second gear on a sticky summer hwy. Going from a 66mm garrett on a stock manifold to a 76mm aeroflow on a 6boost manifold only sacrificed about 500rpm, so I'm happy with that, and with a 3500rpm converter it will probably spool like a stock turbo car again. Also the car drives quite decently off boost so it's not slow for everyday driving.

But yerp I can see both sides of the coin, and I think awd is the saving grace for me. I reckon it would suck in a rwd car.

13 hours ago, TRYME said:

for a STREET car the GTX 3582 & G35 sized turbos (and other manufacturers equivalents) are about perfect for them lag is minimal and they make enough power to keep 99% of people happy

Haha I'm definitely the 1% :launch:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Nah I haven't really had any problems with it. It's made a funny noise once or twice when the power transfer through the wheels has changed rapidly but apart from that it's been ok.

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Latest is I am possible off loading the 7075, and going the g35-1000, not sure to go the 1.01 or 1.21 rear.

The to4z is off the top of my head a 1.06.

Built boost from 1100rpm in top gear, 12psi by 1500rpm.

Don't mind losing a bit of low down response.

Eg. Build boost from 1500rpm min to 2000rpm max with it making 20psi by 3000rpm.

Debating to buy 1.21 giving it a go, if response is too late then buy a 1.01.

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Yeah genuine, after reading info on its build specs and the dollars spent on my engine, I've decided to go the g35-1050.

Mainly as I've found one 1.01 and .83 at a good price.

Just need to try work out which one, 1.01 or .83.

Tending towards the 1.01.

Be really good if I could find out a comparison between to4z 1.06 vs G35-1050. 83 and 1.01.

Then there's the 1.21 will it be too laggy.

Think I'll try the 1.01 and see how it performs then decide to go up or down.

Also my to4z is t4 split.

Is the vband flange better or not as good?

Theres no T4 option for the G35-1050.

And awd would be great in the falcon on street, mmmm.

But more weight and Id be worried about its strength on circuit use.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

Be nice to know if garret plan on making t4 versions. Ive seen u can get g35 supercores but I assume that’s just for the vband rear housing. I think I read something that the rear housing has a different more efficient shape, maybe it all goes together better as vband?

Someone said to me a 6boost isnt that much but would be good if the g35s which are the successors to the gtx gen 2s were truly an oem replacement as their predecessors were.

• Member For: 3y 1m 3d

6 boosts aren't overly

expensive but if you add up the price of a g35, 6 boost, dump pipe to suit, external gate set up etc it's alllooot of money over a gtx35 on a internally gated factory rear housing on a standard manifold is it better I ❤️ Bananas oath,, but it's a lot of money when the gen 2 can make 550 on the standard manifold 

if a g35 would fit on standard stuff and was bolt on replacement that would be heaven haha you guys reckon they'll come down in price once they been around for a while or nah no chance? 

Wonder why garret won't offer em in t4 ay,, I know a car with a BW on it apparently great turbos it's makin 630rwkw 

Edited by TRYME